During our travels while pregnant we created a vegan kotlet recipe – Polish inspired. Poland had these amazing kotlets, which were like hamburger patties, but vegan, so we created our own flavor and style and it was delicious!
This meal is full of iron, protein, and many other health benefitsl
Ready to give the vegan kotlet recipe a try?
Vegan Kotlet Recipe- Polish Inspired
*Makes 12-14 servings (if it’s just you eating it, freeze the rest after it’s cooked)
– 1/2 cup dry barley (.Cook with rice cooker, then put in fridge to cool and dry.)
– 1lb sweet potatoes (Boiled until soft enough, then mash by hand)
– 6-10 cloves of garlic, finely minced
– 1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
– 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
– 1 pack of mushrooms, finely diced
**Sauté these, in this order, adding the next ingredient as the first one is done. When finished, set aside. Seasoned with 2 TBSP of Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
– 1 can of lentils, drained and patted dry
– 1 cup of walnuts, chopped in a food processor
– 1 1/4 cup oats, pulsed in a food processor
– 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, pulsed in a food processor
1. Preheat oven 450 degrees
2. Mix everything in a LARGE bowl or pot.
3. Add 2 TBSP Tessemae BBQ sauce (I love this brand because it’s natural and not processed.)
***Be careful with other BBQ sauces! Most kinds have tons of sugar and crap ingredients! We use Tessemae’s brand. It’s all organic, sweetened with dates, and only has 2g of sugar per 1 TBSP. Not sponsored with this brand, but love it!
4. On a sprayed/oiled baking sheet scoop 1/2 cup of the mixture to the pan, spread it evenly, should make 12-14 (may need 2 baking sheets).
5. After it’s all scooped either use your hands or use a clear plastic wrap (to not get the hands dirty) and form the burger patties
6. Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
*Goes well with vegetable sides like baked carrot fries and sautéed asparagus. Top with a small amount of BBQ sauce and avocado slices.*
Enjoy it’s Dar-Licious!
Like this recipe? Get more ideas from my E-Book “The Affordable Vegan Diet.”