I created this vegan carrot cake with my mom during Easter and had to share it with you guys, because it’s the best vegan carrot cake you will ever have. It’s so good that no one will know it’s vegan and you won’t feel guilty eating it.
Ready to share this with your family? Get your ingredients ready and make the best vegan carrot cake ever!
Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe
Ingredients for cake:
- 2¼ cups flour (can use half chickpea flour and half all purpose flour)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (Make sure it’s fresh, so the cake can rise better)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or cashew milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups grated carrots (I get the one that is already grated to save the work)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup organic golden raisins
Ingredients for frosting:
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar (confectioners)
- 3 tbs vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
Instructions for cake batter:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 baking pan or cake pan.
- Use a large bowl and mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt).
- Add the wet ingredients (applesauce, almond milk, vanilla, sugar, and oil) with the dry ingredients. Mix well till smooth.
- Add the shredded carrots and stir well.
- Add walnuts, raisins, and stir till it’s mixed evenly.
- Pour mixture into your greased pan and spread it evenly. Tap to get the air out.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before frosting. Make the frosting while the cake is in the oven.
- Once you put the frosting, store cake in the fridge.
Optional: decorate the carrot cake with some whole or chopped walnuts, add 3 little baby carrots and cilantro for decoration.
Instructions for frosting:
- Make the frosting: combine all frosting ingredients into a food processor, electric mixer bowl, or a good blender. Start in low speed, mix well till you get the right consistency.
- If frosting is too thick, add more lemon juice, non dairy milk, or water. If too thin add more powdered sugar.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before spreading. (It will firm up a bit).
- If frosting is not enough make more.
Enjoy it’s Dar-licious!